The mission of the Wild Capture Awareness Campaign is to raise awareness and support for exotic wildlife, develop and provide educational resources to the public that promote the protection of exotics from cruelty, capture, trade and exploitation, and facilitate the rescue and provision of lifelong refuge through WFLF’s Back to the Wild Sanctuary for exotic animals in need.
(1) Raise awareness and support for the ongoing needs of exotic wild animals
(2) Raise awareness for exotic wildlife through a focused look at the gruesome trade of exotic pets in the US
(3) Develop and provide educational resources to the public as to why exotic animals, wild animals and most certainly apex predators should not be kept as pets
(4) Develop and provide educational resources to the public about the wildlife trade as related to wild capture
(5) Provide resources about existing and pending laws that regulate the capture, trade and ownership of exotics/ wild animals
(6) Model laws for banning pet ownership of exotics/ wild animals
(7) Promote the preservation and protection of exotic wildlife from the exploitation and wild capture.
(8) Facilitate the rescue and provide lifelong sanctuary for exotic wildlife in need
(9) Highlight qualified shelters, facilities and sanctuaries trying to help these animals
(10) Work with federal and state authorities on regulations and enforcement issues